Lucia Marie Cuda, arrived into our world on October 24th, at noon. She was 9lbs 11oz, and 21 inches long. She is a healthy baby girl. She went down to 8lbs 14.5 oz but at her two week check-up, she was up to 9lbs 7.5oz. She is not quite back up to her birth weight so we will have to go back in to check her weight.
I was scheduled for induction at 6am on the 24th, however, Sunday night, my water was slowly leaking. I called the nurse in labor and delivery and they wanted me to come in. The doctor on call decided that I stay. I was still 3cm dilated and 50% effaced as I was on the previous Wednesday. At 5am, I was hooked up to fluids and they started the pitocin. At 8:00 am Doc came in to break my water, but he said that it was already broken. He just made it all come out, and then things progressed. I got the epidural at 8:30. Why did I wait so long the first time. I will tell you though, that I didn't feel as much the first time as I did this time. Epidurals are amazing and the doc was phenomenal. Actually all the staff were great. I couldn't have asked for more thorough, well-educated staff. My Doc was in surgery from 9:30 til 11:30 so I had to hold off til then:) Actually, right at 11:15ish, I started feeling the urge to push and the nurse checked me and had me practice pushing. I had to stop and my doc came just in time. I only had to push 15 minutes and our sweet angel was born. What a change from Carlina's birth. It couldn't have been better, except the second degree tear, but with an almost 10lb baby, that is minimal!
Now we are blessed with two beautiful Franks, I mean girls. They both take after their daddy, looking more and more like him.
I should mention that Daddy is doing great too. He was a nervous wreck the whole weekend before and that day, but when it was all over, he was in heaven. It is great to have such a sweet, caring husband and daddy for our girls.
Lucia Marie Cuda is named after Franks Grandma, Tony's Mom.
I was scheduled for induction at 6am on the 24th, however, Sunday night, my water was slowly leaking. I called the nurse in labor and delivery and they wanted me to come in. The doctor on call decided that I stay. I was still 3cm dilated and 50% effaced as I was on the previous Wednesday. At 5am, I was hooked up to fluids and they started the pitocin. At 8:00 am Doc came in to break my water, but he said that it was already broken. He just made it all come out, and then things progressed. I got the epidural at 8:30. Why did I wait so long the first time. I will tell you though, that I didn't feel as much the first time as I did this time. Epidurals are amazing and the doc was phenomenal. Actually all the staff were great. I couldn't have asked for more thorough, well-educated staff. My Doc was in surgery from 9:30 til 11:30 so I had to hold off til then:) Actually, right at 11:15ish, I started feeling the urge to push and the nurse checked me and had me practice pushing. I had to stop and my doc came just in time. I only had to push 15 minutes and our sweet angel was born. What a change from Carlina's birth. It couldn't have been better, except the second degree tear, but with an almost 10lb baby, that is minimal!
Now we are blessed with two beautiful Franks, I mean girls. They both take after their daddy, looking more and more like him.
I should mention that Daddy is doing great too. He was a nervous wreck the whole weekend before and that day, but when it was all over, he was in heaven. It is great to have such a sweet, caring husband and daddy for our girls.
Lucia Marie Cuda is named after Franks Grandma, Tony's Mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment