And the winner is.....
Tony Cuda!
I was originally suppose to be induced on Tuesday the 19th, however, the hospital overbooked inductions for the day. So, Monday night at 7:00, we received a call to see if we would reschedule for Wednesday. We had a long talk and decided it would be best to know we had help all day.
Our perfect little sweetheart!
We got to the hospital at 6:00 am on Wednesday. The nurses started the labor around 7:00 and Dr. Sims broke my water at 7:30. I was still 2cm and 60% effaced. Interesting how this can start contractions pretty immediately. Here is a picture Frank took in between contractions. The nurse had to turn the pitocin down twice since the contractions were one on top of the other. We breathed through the contractions until Dr. Sims came back around 1:00 to check our progress. I was 6cm and 80% effaced- great progress. At this time, we decided to get the epidural. This was quite the procedure. It is difficult to relax while having contractions. The epidural kicked in pretty much right away and WOW is it fantastic not feeling the pain! Around 3:30, I started feeling the "urge" and was checked again. Just about 9cm and almost 100% effaced, and finally was 10cm and 100% at 4:30ish. Dr. Sims arrived about 5:00 and we started the pushing around 5:15. And the adventure starts. No one can prepare you for the next part. After a little pushing, the doctor realized the baby was "OP" facing upward instead of facing down. This made pushing the baby out even more difficult. The doctor went to talk to the pediatrician for awhile and in the meantime, the nurse could not find the baby's heartbeat. She called and a bunch of nurses came rushing in and she put oxygen on me. It scared the crap out of us, but then, thank God, they found it. The pushing then continued and her heartbeat dropped a couple of times. In between pushing, Dr. Sims talked about if it happens again, he will have to use the vacuum to help get her out. He would also have to "cut" me. Well, it did happen and at 6:07 beautiful, healthy Carlina Rose made her appearance. I had 4th degree rip and cut which ended up taking over an hour to stitch up. I finally got to hold our sweetheart. And everything has been wonderful since. Well she was nameless for a couple hours, but everything is great!
Cousin Brock awaiting the arrival of Carlina.
The family patiently waiting to meet Carlina.
Our "healthy" 8lb 13 oz girl. She was 20 inches long. She was down to 8lb 5oz and then gained a half an ounce. She never made it into newborn diapers, skipped them and went right to 1's. She is eating great now, but makes me stand up most of the time. Anything for this precious bundle.
I think I broke every blood vessel from my shoulders up, including my right eye. My face was super puffy and I am surprised I didn't scare anyone out of the room!
Everyone was super "nice" and didn't say anything.
Everyone was super "nice" and didn't say anything.
Our first kiss after she was born.
Proud Grandpa Marx
Proud Grandma Cuda
Uncle Joey
Aunt Angela
Uncle Ty
Daddy's girl. Giving her a kiss before he leaves for his meet.
A little mommy time.
Grandma and Grandpa Cuda came to stay with me while Frank had to go to his meet. They also made us a cooler full of food to freeze for many meals. How great are parents! Carlina also has a new wardrobe compliments of the Cuda's!
Aunt Katie also came to visit while Frank was gone. She brought some beautiful flowers and yummy cupcakes.
Auntie Katie decorated our house to welcome home Carlina. It was such a neat surprise. She found time even when she has a super sick boy on her hands.
Grandma and Grandpa Marx came for the weekend to help out. They made every meal ahead of time and we were quite spoiled. Thanks for the pump. It already made a huge relief for me!
Thanks Ange for the awesome Badger outfit. Grandpa Cuda pointed that she is 2-0 with the Badgers. Go Badgers
Wade and Natalie made the trip to see Carlina. They have their wedding in less than a week. Thanks for visiting and the wonderful gifts.
Celebrations cigars! Thanks Tony. I didn't have a picture from Sunday when Tony and Deb came over. Frank and his dad smoked cigars in the garage all day and had some beers while watching the game. Frank was looking forward to that all weekend.
Uncle Adam, Aunt Amy and Cousin Cayle came to visit all weekend as well. She made her amazing white chicken chili that was enjoyed. She also scrubbed our entire floor on her hands and knees. I think that has been the first time it has been this clean. Thank you so much.
Yeah! You updated the blog! And a long one! She is so incredibly precious and I know I said it a million times....but I MISS her (and you guys too)! My little CarCar!!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you all again.
A
Carl for short, is such a great looking baby, glad u made it thru the labor part, had to be pretty scary. I hope she is sleeping well for you. c u in a couple weeks
ReplyDelete