Gia Sophie Cuda was born on June 6th, 2015. I always questioned myself if I was ready for this stage again, but when she was born, all my love just out poured in my arms while holding her.
Gia's birth story:
On Friday, June 5th, I lost my "mucus plug" in the morning and told Frank what happened. He was on call but night came and we relaxed on the couch watching a movie. I started having contractions but they were mild and not regular yet. We finished the movie and got ready for bed. The contractions started coming more often and we were timing them which was about 7-10 minutes apart. Around 11:30, we called the hospital to ask for advice and they said when they get more intensive and closer about every 4 minutes to come in but call ahead. So we tried to go to sleep, well I tried at least. At 1:00 my water started leaking and by 2:00 the contractions were 5 minutes apart and getting uncomfortable. We called franks parents who were on stand by, making it to our house by 3:00 and we were out the door.
When arriving at the hospital they checked me in. The nurse hooked me all up and said I was 4 cm dilated- two days before I was just about 2 and not effaced at all. I was scheduled to be induced on my due date, June 8th. The nurse then called the on call doc and she said to start Pitocin at 5:00. When that was heard, I was gladly accepting an epidural at the same time! No waiting it out on this one, especially with Pitocin. All was going well, hanging out with Frank and at 7:30 the nurse decided it would be a good time to check me. She did and said I was 99.9% ready. I asked her to repeat what she said and she said you are ready to practice pushing. I was so excited how quickly this was all happening and thought as did the nurses that she will be out in the next 30 minutes as Lucia came out in 15 minutes of pushing.
Well, no such luck, Gia decided to be face up like Carlina. Two and a half hours later, Gia made her entry into the world surrounded by poop, I mean love! Yes she came out and pooped all over the doc. However, no matter what; how long or how much pain, everything seems to disappear. It was so special holding her right after being born with that skin to skin time.
Some pictures of her with family:
We are so blessed to have another healthy baby girl in our lives. She makes us complete in our world!











No comments:
Post a Comment