Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Short Lived

So much for not having bottles for awhile! Anyways, Carlina is going to be a big sister!, in about 7 months:/ Well, we are very excited and 21 months apart from each other is a good amount of time, right?!!? We were going to start "trying" so we could have the baby around beginning of April, being teachers and all, but you know how that goes. Not too many teachers have babies at the end of October. We found out at 6 weeks and had our appointment March 18th. We had an ultrasound, and all looks good. I didn't catch the heartbeat to compare it with Carlina's. How much things change with the second one! I will have to do a good job with keeping up with this ones information like I did with Carlina's. We told our families over the past two weeks by putting this shirt on Carlina. I would have to say that it is quite comical the different reactions we get from people. We also told our babysitter. They will even take our second one:) So, our due date is October 27th. Doc told me to make sure I don't gain too much weight since the second baby is usually bigger and the more weight I gain, the bigger the baby can get. He is just trying to make sure the "rip" doesn't happen again. Talk about reliving that situation way too early in this pregnancy. That is usually something that you try to forget and have a new beginning. Oh well, we have to face the facts. Good to see that he is being protective. I guess you can say that I haven't been as nauseas so far as I was with Carlina, but it is starting to get worse. I don't repel food as much this time. Burgers are my best friend right now. Great! The reminder of my doc saying, "don't gain too much weight" keeps entering my head as I drive thru and pick up the one thing that actually sounds good to me. A good thing is though, that I have Carlina to make me get up and be active (although Frank gets irritated when I sit on the couch and complain of how I feel). Really though, I have the most ambitious, helpful and loving husband one could imagine. But I guess that is what I should be giving up for lent, complaining:) Well, let's enjoy the journey of one child and prepare for what lies ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! We are so excited for you guys & loved how you shared the good news! Carlina will be such a good big sister! Can't wait to see you. Take care of yourself & rest up for baby #2! :)

    ReplyDelete